Wednesday, September 14, 2011

26 Weeks - Grazing


Well my appetite returned about three weeks ago.  Instead of just eating three meals in the day, I now just nibble all day long.  I can't eat much at one time, but I seem to need to eat every two to three hours or my hands get shaky. The problem is I still don't like snack food.  I don't want chips or crackers or anything salty, which is usually the kind of snacks we have.  I always want fruit, but we never have enough, so I end up eating bread: toast with jam, or bagel with cream cheese or toast and tomatoes.  Also, chocolate in all it's varieties: chocolate chips, ice cream, candy bars, cookies, chocolate milk, etc.  So what does this all mean?  CALORIES!! And too much of them.  I only gained the recommended amount of weight between my last two appointments, but yesterday the Dr. said I'm measuring a little big.  If I don't change the types of foods I'm eating I'm going to gain unnecessary weight.  I've only gained 15lbs this pregnancy and I hope to keep it under 30 (which is recommended).  With Kendra I gained 35lbs.  I want to stay healthy so I need to shop and eat smarter.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with the weight gain with the boys too. Must be something about their genes. Don't be too worried, 15 pounds is nothing. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete